Whalen Dermatology of Pittsburgh is now offering NEW cosmetic treatments
We have upgraded from our previous RIPLE device to the newest and latest technology, Venus Versa.
Announcing the VENUS VERSA (energy device)
- Dr. Kreizenbeck hand-picked the Venus Versa as it is the best and latest technology.
- We can now perform skin resurfacing & tightening treatments to nearly any area (i.e., face, neck, chest & hands).
- The Venus Versa can perform 4 different treatments:
- Skin resurfacing (Viva) to treat acne scars, wrinkles, and enlarged pores.
- Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to remove red spots or small blood vessels and
brown spots (sun spots, age spots, thin keratoses – but NOT MOLES) or to even-out
skin tone from sun damage.
- Skin tightening (RF) with radiofrequency to treat sagging, crepey, or aging
skin (like Thermage). 3-6 treatments for best results.
- Hair removal (for dark hair).
- Patients have said how “much more comfortable” this procedure is compared to the RIPLE
(our previous device 2020-2021).
The best procedure to address all concerns above is the 3-in-1 TriBella
IPL, RF, and “Viva” (skin resurfacing) in 1 session = 90 minute treatment).
Call 412-564-5444 today for an appointment.
Pricing ranges from $695-$2250 (3-in-1 TriBella) per treatment depending on area and goals of treatment. Repeat treatment may be necessary for some, and this will be at a reduced rate typically 1-2 months following initial treatment.
For IPL you may NOT have any NEW SUN EXPOSURE (i.e., tanned skin) in the treatment areas. We recommend either covering with clothing, and/or wearing SPF > 60 broad spectrum sunscreens and reapplying every 1 hour to treatment areas if outdoors for 6 weeks prior to treatment. If you are tan, there is a greater risk of adverse effects including scarring or white patches.
You CANNOT have IPL/RF treatment if you are:
- Pregnant at time of treatment
- Have any medical conditions or devices that could worsen/flare with light treatment/radiofrequency such as:
- Epilepsy (history of seizures or sensitivity to flashing light)
- Pacemaker or defibrillator
- Lupus, Dermatomyositis, Porphyria
- Taking/using any of the following medications for at least 2-4 weeks prior to treatment:
- Oral antibiotics=doxycycline, minocycline, tetracycline; erythromycin, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin
- Currently using any of the following:
- Acne treatments such as = isotretinoin, Accutane
- Methotrexate, Plaquenil (hydroxychloroquine)
- Hydrochlorothiazide (blood pressure medication)
- Anticoagulants such as aspirin, NSAIDs (Ibuprofen, Motrin, Aleve, Advil, Excedrin)
- Antiaging or acne topical serums/creams like tretinoin, Retin-A, Altreno, retinol or vitamin C
- High dose vitamin such as vitamin E, vitamin C, omega 3’s or fish oil (multivitamin is ok)
Following treatment, you will have pink-red sensitive skin (like a sunburn) and any red or brown treated areas of skin will seem bruised, darker brown or purple/black as the lesions resolve. This is normal but may lead to MINOR SOCIAL DOWNTIME for 1-2 weeks following treatment. Most people can go to work and perform normal functions with only minor temporary cosmetic changes at the sites of treatment that may be covered up with makeup. You should avoid heat such as saunas or hot baths and the sun for 2 days following treatment. Please schedule with this in mind.
Before and After results
Click to download the forms below.